Be a part of the South Barrington Park District mission to enrich our Community through parks, programs and facilities.
South Barrington Park District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, South Barrington Park District complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All offers of employment are contingent on a successful background check. Interested applicants must complete and sign an employment application. The South Barrington Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All regularly scheduled employees are granted complimentary membership to the South Barrington Club.
For information on current job opportunities, please contact Lanita Palermo email@example.com
Current Job Opportunities
We are seeking individuals who have a strong knowledge of swimming safety skills to oversee activities in our indoor
and outdoor pools. Qualified candidates must be 16 years of age or older and must have an American Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
Hours & Pay:
• Shifts are flexible and will be anywhere between 6am-9pm, Monday-Friday and/or 7am-8pm Saturday and Sunday.
• Pay range is between $13 - $16 per hour, based on experience.
• All employees are granted complimentary membership to the South Barrington Club.
• Must possess current American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification.
• Must be able to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with other employees and the public.
• Must be willing to learn how to teach swim lessons.
• Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
• Recognize and respond to all emergencies.
• Inspect facility daily.
• Report all unsafe conditions.
• Complete all necessary reports, including Emergency Forms, Swim Lesson Records, Pool usage Forms, and
Daily Water Chemistry Log.
• Attend all staff trainings and meetings.
Job Title: Aquatics Supervisor
Classification: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Salary Range: $36,000 - $45,000
The Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for managing pool operations including lesson development, lifeguard training, staffing and maintenance. The Supervisor maintains a safe and healthy atmosphere.
Medical, Dental, and Vision with United Healthcare at very low monthly premiums!
Life and AD&D with Principal at no cost to you!
Paid Vacation, holidays, PTO, Floating Holidays, and Sick time!
Retirement Savings Plan with matching!
Free Club Membership with discounts on food, beverages, and Pro Shop items!
Teach private lessons, group lessons, including children with special needs.
Conduct required tests and work with maintenance department for repairs/maintenance.
Manage and develop swim team program.
Ensure staff have proper training and certifications, as required.
Hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers.
Create schedules to ensure proper coverage and approve general leave requests.
Develop, manage, and monitor budget and goals for labor, equipment, supplies and programs for the department.
Develop, oversee and/or conduct revenue generating programs.
Review and approve payroll hours to ensure accuracy, rate, and labor allocation.
Ensure participant registrations are entered, described, coded, and billed properly in management program and brochure.
Submit invoices for payment to the accounting manager in a timely manner.
Review monthly financial reports.
Prepare documents and/or reports for monthly Board Meetings. May attend Board Meetings on a rotating basis.
Provide ongoing feedback to staff, handle discipline in accordance with policy, work with Human Resources for subsequent events.
Conduct probationary and annual performance review evaluations.
Maintain accurate records and filing systems according to internal policy and applicable laws.
Evaluate customer interests and assess needs; make recommendations of future services.
Ensure supplies and equipment are stored and maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
Conduct meetings with staff on a regular basis to facilitate communications.
Collaborate with Marketing/Media Manager to promote Aquatic programming in brochure and other online avenues.
Obtain continuing education training for professional growth of self and staff.
May act as the Safety Coordinator for the District.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Valid certificates for American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Instruction, and American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid. CPR Instructor certification is preferred.
Ability to train patrons and staff.
Basic math and computer skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to analyze and respond to emergency situations.
Exhibit good problem-solving ability and judgment.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Parks and Recreation or related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Five years of full-time job experience in Aquatics, including two years of Supervisory experience.
Job Title: Banquet/Party Staff
Classification: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt Hourly
Rate: $18 + tips
If you are interested in earning some extra money on the weekends, this position is perfect for you! Our Banquet and Party Staff are responsible for assisting with banquet rentals and birthday parties. You will plan and facilitate games in the pool and gym areas, help serve food and drinks, and keep all functions fun, safe, and friendly.
· This position comes with a Free Club Membership with discounts on food, beverages, and Pro Shop items!
· A creative, friendly, and energetic personality.
· Must enjoy working with all age groups.
· Basic math and computer skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Exhibit good problem-solving ability and judgment.
Required Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED.
· Hold a current CPR/AED certification or obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
· Age 21 and up is preferred.
· Arrive to events on time and dressed appropriately.
· Introduce yourself to parents of the party and offer any assistance needed.
· Organize games in pool and gym areas and make sure everyone is enjoying themselves.
· Serve food and drinks when necessary and clean up afterward.
· Willing to assist with all reasonable requests from parents.
· All other job duties as assigned