From: Jay Morgan, Executive Director
RE: Updated Mask Guidelines for South Barrington Park District
Date: May 24, 2021
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has issued Executive Order 2021-10 providing that fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear masks with certain exceptions and limitations.
While in South Barrington Park District facilities and or participating in SBPD programs, fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear face coverings, but may choose to do so based on their preference. By entering a Park District facility or participating in a program without a face covering, you are verifying that you have been fully vaccinated.
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated and who are over the age of 2 and able to medically tolerate a face covering shall be required to wear a mask or cloth face covering when indoors. When outdoors and social distancing is not possible, not fully vaccinated individuals will be required to wear a mask or cloth face covering.
When fully vaccinated individuals are in the presence of children in any of our facilities, a face covering must be worn.
All South Barrington Park District staff will continue to wear a face covering if they are not fully vaccinated and when they are in the presence of children.
The South Barrington Park District will continue to monitor further guidance that may be issued from the CDC, IDPH, and Cook County Health Department.
AS OF FEBRUARY 2, 2021 OUR REGION, REGION 10, IS IN PHASE 4.
The Illinois Department of Public Health announced on Tuesday, February 2 that our region, region 10, was moved to Phase 4
Below is our current operational plan for Phase 4
• Indoor group fitness classes begin. No reservations needed but there will be class capacity limits.
• Fitness center is open with no reservations needed at this time at reduced capacity limits.
• Locker Rooms and showers are available, but members are encouraged to shower at home. Locker room occupancy is limited. Towel service also begins.
• Indoor lounges are open with social distancing requirements and masks. Capacity limits in all spaces of 10.
• Nursery is open for reservations with masks required for all children
• Running track is open with masks required if more than 1 person is on the track.
• Pro Shop is open with limit of three customers in the pro shop at one time. Masks must be worn.
• Swim lessons begin with a reduced capacity
• Tennis and Platform tennis open with continued court reservations for the indoor courts, outdoor clay courts and paddle courts.
• Gymnasium is open with capacity limits of 10
Park District programming begins following social distancing guidelines
Full day and Half Day Preschool will continue as scheduled under DCFS rules and regulations
Banquet Room with a limit of 50 people